What do you need to know before renting a car?
- it is advisable to do an analysis of prices and conditions offered by the rental companies.
- check the means of payment accepted in online booking
- ask for information about the minimum rental period, time in which to make a reservation, the geographical area covered;
- ask for additional information about the price options (child seats, additional drivers, additional insurance, etc.).
- ask for information about the necessary documents to take over the rented car
- ask for information about technical condition of the car, and about the types of insurance included in the price;
- check the traffic laws of the country where rental car ride;
- make sure you receive confirmation of booking and rental terms and conditions.
What do you need to know after renting the car?
- before signing a rental contract, check the technical conditions of the car in the presence of the rental company;
- read the rental contract carefully and seek clarification if you don’t understand its terms;
- check if the contract includes the same elements as in the reservation;
- check if additional elements are included in the rental rate are available;
- check fuel level;
- ask the rental company representative to make reference in the minutes of pick-up receipt on all vehicle receiving damage found during its inspection and about the fuel level after pick-up and drop-off of the car;
- do not sign the minutes of pick-up receipt before checking if any damages were recorded;
- make sure that the minutes of pick-up receipt is signed by company representative, as evidence;
- in case of accident follow the instructions of the rental contract on notify the company, obtaining documents necessary to carry out repairs;
- if an accident occurs, note the name and contact details of all persons involved, informed the police in case of disagreement regarding the responsibility of the accident;
- make sure you parked the car in specially designated spaces;
- car shooting as evidence that you returned in the same condition that was shipped;
- keep receipt from the fuel filling stations
- keep the rental contract, bills, correspondence and photos made for the eventuality disputes.
Level 2 – We do not have a specific information material on car rental.
Level 3 – There is no specific legislation regarding car rental.