You bought something during the holiday and shortly after it proved defect? You had problems with car rental or accommodation when you made thereservation from home? The return flight was delayed? If you holiday proves to be different from what you planned, you should know what to do and how to use your European rights.
European Consumer Network (ECC-Net) launched a unique mobile app – ECC-Net: Travel App. The app helps consumers to get out of difficult situations while on holiday and to express their consumer rights in the language of the destination country, giving them legal information and language support for the 24 EU official languages, plus, Norwegian and Icelandic.
You will have on your phone information on: passengers rights, air, bus, rail and sea transport. One of the sections gives useful information on important phone numbers and contact details for urgencies.
The app is free and can be used offline and it can be downloaded here for iOS, Android and Microsoft Windows:
- GooglePlaystore (Android) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.cec_zev.ECCNetTravel
- Apple app store (iOS) https://itunes.apple.com/app/ecc-net-travel/id886668562
- Windows Mobile: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-gb/store/app/ecc-net-travel/4dfcfb67-9294-40d5-9ac0-644a7e734813
The app can also be downloaded using this QR-Code.
Passengers stranded at airports or awaiting missing luggage may now use a mobile application for free to check their rights immediately and on the spot.
The European Commission has launched this application to cover air and rail transport; the app will also be extended to bus/coach and waterborne transport in 2013.
The application is available on three popular mobile platforms: Apple iPhone and iPad, Google Android and Microsoft Windows Phone 7:
- Apple iPhone și iPad – https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/your-passenger-rights-for/id535428814
- Google Android – https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobility.dg.android
- Microsoft Windows Phone – https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/passenger-rights/9wzdncrdmwg6